Human Resources Generalist
At Fetch Rewards, we have two sayings that sum up the ethos of our organization launched in 2013:
Defeat the Odds!
Our vision is to leverage technology to transform shopping into an engaging, rewarding, and delightful experience, ultimately propelling the time-worn grocery shopping experience into the 21st century. Our technology platform, based around a free smartphone app, ensures that users have the best shopping experience possible. Headquartered in Madison, WI with offices in Chicago, Denver and New York, we pride ourselves on two things -- the caliber of our work and the scope of our ambition.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting organization initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment and employment law compliance. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to organization needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Conducts onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists in the administration of the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Partners with Corporate Recruiter on recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Facilitates or provides training to the workforce.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Represents management in investigating, answering and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the management team.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Little to no travel is expected for this position.
SKILLS WE BELIEVE YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience are required.
- Human Resource certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Consultative approach.
- Ethical business practices.
- Relationship Management.
- Serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the company.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment/software such as laptop computers, smartphones, Office 365
- Familiarity with PEO platforms.