Effective date: October 20, 2016
Protecting the privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
If you choose to register an account with us, it will be protected by a password of your choosing for your privacy and security. It is your exclusive obligation to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser and by logging out after you have finished accessing your account.
We value your privacy and your trust in protecting it in accordance with the terms of this Policy. In effort to protect your privacy, we use managerial, physical, and technical measures to ensure all private data is secure. However, we cannot guarantee that your Data will be completely secure or that any information may not be breached, accessed, disclosed, shared, altered, or removed. Also, we cannot protect the security of any information that you choose to share publicly, whether through our website or otherwise. Any Data provided to us is done at your own risk.
What is gathered, and how is it used?
What Information does Fetch Collect?
It is very important that you understand the Data that Fetch gathers, how it is gathered, and how it is used. Data may be any combination of Personal Information or Other Information gathered using the means described below, and is collectively referred to as "Data." We receive some Data when you voluntarily provide it to us, and we collect other Data automatically. The types of Data we collect and the manner in which we collect and use the Data is described in this section.
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Birth Date
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Credit/debit card number
- Demographic & Psychographic Information
- Household Size
- Household Income
- Favorited components such as Deals, Challenges, Items, Coupons, Brands
- Interactions with Deals, Challenges, Items, Coupons, Brands
- Items Purchased, Price, Discounts, Deals, Coupons, and Challenges associated with those items
- Stores Where you Shopped
- Rewards Redeemed
- Activity Logs
We and our third party service providers may collect Information in other ways, including:
- Customer Support: Your information may be collected automatically, or by our staff when you contact our support team for the purposes of addressing your needs.
- Through your use of the Applications and Sites: Your use of the Application includes searching, scanning, purchasing, favoriting and other functionality which saves Information about the products you are purchasing and interested in, which is explained in the following sections. Other Information is logged, such as date & time that you use the Application and its features, including the information and files that you access within the Services.
- Search Information: We may use the terms, phrases, and keywords that you search for to improve our Services or other purposes.
- Transaction Information: The offers you view and redeem, the products you purchase, the products you scan, the items you redeem points for, stores you shop at, other information about how you use our Services, and ways that you interact with our Partners.
- Location Services: We may use the physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi, or other signals. The physical location is used to provide you with a variety of services such as store selection, and other personalized content such as advertising. You may opt out of using location services using your device's functionality to do so, but this may degrade the features and functionality that we can provide.
- Through your Device & Browser: Browsers and Devices automatically collect information such as your MAC Address, computer type, operating system and browser name & version, device manufacturer & model number, Version of our Application & Sites that are running, and device language. This information is used for support, statistical purposes, and to monitor Service performance & functionality.
- Through Your device IP Address: Every computer or mobile device on the internet is assigned an IP Address number, which is logged on our servers with the time and pages that were visited in order to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems, and administer the Services.
- Sliced and Aggregated Information: Personal Information may be sliced and aggregated in a way to remove the identifying components and provide meaningful insights to us and our Partners. For Example, analyzing the number of users in a zip code, or the preferred brands of a telephone area code would combine Personal Information with Other Information. This specific type of Sliced and Aggregated Information will not be treated as Personal Information.
The above methods and resulting Information may be used in combination with demographic or psychographic data and Third Party partners to analyze users anonymously and present tailored advertisements based on our analysis of what we believe would interest you.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Data you provide through the services may be combined with Personal Information and Other information that is provided to us by you, public availability, or any other sources such as demographic databases, social media platforms, or other means.
How will this Data be used?
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information in the following ways.
Communicating with you
We may communicate with you if you have provided us the means to do so. For example, if you have given us your email address, we may send you newsletters, respond to inquiries, send administrative information, promotional email offers on our own behalf or on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. You may receive an email from us or a Third Party to complete your purchases or to process prizes. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services.
Your Information may be used to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Sites. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address, phone number, or other contact information. Your Information may be used for you to use message boards, social media, profile pages, and other services where you can post information. Any Information you share through these services will become public information. Please be careful when deciding to share any Information on the Services.
Fetch may partner with companies, such as manufacturers of food goods, loyalty programs, or other organizations ("Partners"). These companies may produce or sell goods that you are interested in, or process Data from sources other than Fetch. For Fetch and our Partners to understand the goods, services, retailers, rewards, prizes, and entertainment that interest you, we may provide these partners with Data. Our Partners may use the Data to advertise to you via other means as well as award points through Fetch Rewards. If you choose not to share any Data, Fetch and our Partners may not be able to award points or other rewards. Fetch may use the combination of Data to prioritize the rewards, goods, services, coupons, challenges, etc. which we believe will be relevant and appealing to you. Our Partners will not use this Data to contact you via email, phone, or mail unless they have received your consent. Fetch may use this Data to contact you on behalf of our Partners.
Other business affiliates and third-party service providers:
Fetch may partner with other organizations to perform specific services for us as part of the core functionality built into the Application. These businesses may or may not be apparent to our users while using our application. For example, Fetch may utilize third party tools and services, or do business with third party companies, to provide the features available in-app. These may include receipt scanning, decoding, or analysis capabilities, or nutritional data and analysis who have different privacy policies governing the data provided to them. By using these services, you agree to the terms of their respective privacy policies.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, or any other organization involved in providing Fetch to you.
We may also provide Personal Information and other Data to our third party service providers such as those who perform and provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, customer service, order fulfillment, rewards management, and auditing. These organizations will not share this information beyond their needs externally, and will not contact you for any reason.
We may share your Personal Information and Data with third parties that are sponsors of any type of promotion or sweepstakes, as well as to announce the name & state of residence of the winners.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide our Services to you and to operate and improve our Services. For example, our agents may process data, analyze usage patterns, or perform other types of analysis and evaluation on our behalf. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. This may include our support agents using your Personal Information to help resolve an issue you may be experiencing.
Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any content that you post to the fetchrewards.com website or services may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services. Please remember that any content you post on our site may become publicly available and can be collected, viewed and used by anyone. If you do not want others to see your information or any content you provide, do not post it on the site.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Fetch and others:
What Personal Information can I access, and how do I edit or change my Personal Information?
When you log into your account or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you have provided to us:
- Shopping Lists
- Email Address
- User Name
- Past Receipts & purchases
- Selected Coupons
You may be able to add, update, or delete information. However, when changes are made we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: email@example.com.
Other Privacy Topics
How do we treat Do Not Track signals
Because we do not track individual users across the Internet, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals received from Internet browsers.
What choices do I have, and may I opt out?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. If you choose not to disclose certain information to us, some of our features or services may not be available to you, or the application may become unusable.
You may request deletion of your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Some information may remain in our records after you edit or delete such information from your account.
Please do not send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., personal information related to race or ethnicity, political positions, personal finance information, religious or other beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through email, phone, or any services we provide.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve your concerns.
We may also be contacted at the address below:
Fetch Rewards, Inc.
131 W Wilson St #400
Madison, WI 53703